"We are in the Happiness Business; we want every single person to walk out of our doors happier than when they arrived."
If you would like to apply for an open position at The Lookout Mountain Club please fill out an application and return it to the front desk Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm.
You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lookout Mountain Club is a drug-free workplace, certified by the Georgia Workers' Compensation Board in accordance with Title 34, Chapter 9, Article 11 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated. The Lookout Mountain Club requires pre-employment drug testing.
- Actively participates and contributes to the creative process of menu creation, strategic planning, development of training manuals, and operational success
- Works cleanly and within health department codes; ensures staff is trained and adheres to all health code requirements
- Supervises, ensures and teaches all recipes, preparations and menu items accurately and efficiently as per Chefs or Clubs recipes
- Ensures all preparations for ala carte, private events and employee meals are done correctly, efficiently and quickly; work with team on any preparations or tasks needed to ensure member satisfaction and/or work is completed in a timely manner
- Complete others tasks that may be assigned to her/him by the Executive Chef and/or senior management
- Physical Demands
- Work 12-14 hour work shifts at least twice per week; job requires 45-55 per week
- Lift at least 50 lbs
- Work in standing position for long periods
- Move quickly and walk quickly
- Able to work in high heat and cold for extended periods
- Able to do repetitive motions for long periods
- Climb many stairs in the course of regular job responsibilities
- Work Environment
- Extreme Heat
- Extreme Cold
- High Humidity
- Slippery walk areas
- Hazardous chemicals
- Sharp objects
- Heavy and light machinery
- Fast paced
- High stress levels at times
- Job Type: Full-time
Looking for a dedicated Line Cook whose job is to produce all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the Executive Chef.
$13.00 - $15.00 based on experience.
Line Cook Job Description
Are you an experienced, talented Line Cook with a passion for culinary adventures? We are searching for individuals who want a challenge and like to learn. We are looking for a passionate Line Cook to become a part of our team. Our mission is to deliver our membership consistently great food each and every plate we deliver. Situated on top of Lookout Mountain members get an opportunity to dine with the best view around the area. We are aiming to exceed the view with the quality of food we prepare. Join us and help provide extraordinary dining experience that keeps our members and guests coming back for more.
Line Cook duties and responsibilities
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
- Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers
- Assure that each item is cooked to the Chef and guest’s specifications
- Garnish each dish properly
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top griddles and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for quality, food safety/sanitation and timeliness of products served
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff
Line Cook qualifications and requirements
- Previous experience working as a Line Cook for 2-4 years
- Culinary school diploma preferred but not required
- In depth knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
8.00 an hour plus tips
Meals While on Duty
Practice and Playing Privaleges
The Lookout Mountain Club is a private golf facility that was established in 1925 and designed by Seth Raynor. We offer a year-round golf season with our busy season being from April until October.
Tasks and Duties Performed will include:
- Good Customer Service for Members and their Guests
- General Knowledge about golf and its rules
- Practice Facility and Maintenance Set-UP
- Maintain Cleanliness of Bag Drop, Bag Room, Cart Barn, and Staging Area
- Range Ball Pick Up and Golf Cart washing
- Clean all Golf Clubs for Members and Guests
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Supervising Golf Staff
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, and pulling
- Frequent repetitive motions
- Continuous standing and walking
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Valid Drivers License
Snack Bar Servers at Pool
We looking for Snack Bar Servers to greet and assist our members, their families and guests while at the pool area.
Essential that you be responsible & service oriented! Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills!
Previous service experience preferred, but not required.
Seasonal Full-time or Part-time to include weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Start date will be May 18, 2019 (Flexible).
We will begin conducting interviews April 1, 2019. If you wish to be considered, please turn in your applications prior to March 31, 2019.
Essential Functions- Snack Bar Attendant
- Greets customers and takes food orders; provides information about menus; looks for opportunity to “upsell” products.
- Operates point of sell software
- Serves members and their guests pool-side
- Cleans and stocks work area
- Prepares drink orders
- Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies.
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products where applicable.
- Clean and sanitizes work station and equipment.
Essential Functions- Pool Host
- Be stationed at Member sign in desk/towel area on the pool deck
- Greet and sign members in
- Ensure members and guests sign in
- Distribute towels to members
- Collect used towels from pool deck
- Towel Rotation assignments
- Arrange tables and chairs
- Pick-up towels/trash around pool deck
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.