"We are in the Happiness Business; we want every single person to walk out of our doors happier than when they arrived."
If you would like to apply for an open position at The Lookout Mountain Club please fill out an application and return it to the front desk Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm.
You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lookout Mountain Club is a drug-free workplace, certified by the Georgia Workers' Compensation Board in accordance with Title 34, Chapter 9, Article 11 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated. The Lookout Mountain Club requires pre-employment drug testing.
General Maintenance and Repair Worker
The Lookout Mountain Club is hiring for an additional maintenance personnel. Basic job duties include: daily maintenance of tennis courts; maintains and repairs tennis machines and equipment. Carries out or coordinates all clubhouse repairs and general maintenance needed for equipment, furniture, and building.
Full-Time, Pay will be based on your experience and skill level.
Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
Job Tasks (Duties)
- Waters, rolls, drags surface, and sweeps lines of clay courts
- Post Tennis Court Reservations by 8:00 am each morning
- Blows debris and dust from surface of all courts
- Builds up low spots, shaves high spots, dusts on all clay courts
- Keeps court tapes, nets, fences and gates in good condition
- Applies calcium chloride on clay courts as necessary.
- Blows sidewalks; empties trash from court and facility receptacles
- Maintains court coolers, ice chest, and tennis shoe cleaners
- Replenishes supplies such as ice, water, and cups
- Keeps Tennis Professional informed as to court conditions
- Performs any additional tasks needed to keep tennis courts and surrounding areas in good order
- Maintains and makes general repairs to the plumbing fixtures, furniture, woodwork, electrical system, appliances and HVAC systems, to include refrigerators, ice makers, and pool pumps.
- Conducts plumbing repairs such as leaking pipes and faucets and clogged drains.
- Performs various general duties involving painting, plumbing, carpentry and electrical work.
- Coordinates for professional maintenance support when problem is beyond employee's skill level.
- Keeps accurate maintenance records of equipment and machinery.
- Assists in maintaining the parking lots, tennis courts, swimming pools and snack bar area.
- Ensures that all building maintenance and repair is identified, scheduled and completed. Maintains a suspense file to ensure that routine preventive maintenance is scheduled and carried out.
- Keeps the work shop area organized, safe, clean and well-lighted.
- Other duties as directed by the Facilities Manager.
Physical Requirement and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.