"We are in the Happiness Business; we want every single person to walk out of our doors happier than when they arrived."
If you would like to apply for an open position at The Lookout Mountain Club please fill out an application and return it to the front desk Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm.
You may also email your resume to email@example.com
Reports to: General Manager/COO
Direct Reports: Executive Chef, Catering Director, Dining Room Manager(s), Bar Manager, Snack Bar Manager
Responsible for: All F&B Department activities at both facilities (Golf Club & Fairyland Club)
Summary of Position: Working closely with the GM/COO, oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, programing, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Understand completely all Club policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
2. Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
3. Develop and implement menus for all food outlets by collaborating with the Executive Chef (staff) using market trends, member surveys and/or input, and product mix.
4. Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Club’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
5. Achieve Club objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
6. Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with Club policies and procedures.
7. Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations for both a la cart and private events (banquets).
8. Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
a) Oversee the development of all training programs to ensure the Clubs service and performance standards are met including integration of staff at both facilities.
b) Oversee and ensure that Club policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
c) Be knowledgeable of Club policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of Club policies, rules and procedures.
9. Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
10. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the Club’s preventive maintenance programs.
11. Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the Club’s receiving policies and procedures.
12. Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
13. Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the Club, employees and guests.
14. Collaborating with the GM, develop and implement F&B departmental budgets.
15. Develop, plan and carry out marketing and promotional activities and campaigns.
16. Collaborate with all department heads to provide any/all F&B requirements, promote other Club programs and/or activities, and generally provide members an exceptional overall Club experience.
17. Other functions as the GM/COO assigns
1. Previous GM or higher experience in a restaurant required; previous Club experience preferred, will
consider Asst GM of high volume facility. Candidate must demonstrate advanced P&L knowledge,
food and beverage service standards, preparation of same, generally involving at least ten years of
front-of-the-house and back-of-house experience.
2. Must be proficient in menu (food and bar) underwriting/costing and cost reporting.
3. Possess excellent basic math skills and have advanced ability to operate POS systems and Microsoft
4. Must have strong communication skills with service staff, kitchen staff, piers, management, and
members, and vendors; always promote and represent
5. Exceptional Customer Orientation
6. Must be strong team player.
7. Must be highly organized.
8. Must learn quickly and handle change well.
9. Must have strong leadership skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to:
1. Extreme Heat
2. Extreme Cold
3. High Humidity
4. Slippery walk areas
5. Hazardous chemicals
6. Sharp objects
7. Heavy and light machinery
8. Fast paced; High stress levels at times
While performing the responsibilities associated with this position, the employee is required to be able
1. Must have stamina to work 12-14 hour work shifts; job requires 45-60 hours per week, nights,
weekends, and holidays.
2. Lift at least 30 lbs
3. Work in standing position for long periods
4. Move quickly and walk quickly
5. Able to work in high heat and cold for extended periods
6. Able to do repetitive motions for long periods
7. Climb many stairs in the course of regular job responsibilities
The Food & Beverage Manager is a key department head and is part of the senior management team.
Salary is open and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent
benefits package, which include health, dental, and vision insurance, supplemental insurance options,
401(k), PTO, meals, clothing allowance, continuing education, and industry association membership.
Please submit resumes to Victor Balcom, GM/COO, firstname.lastname@example.org.